Thursday, August 28, 2014

Thanks to ukbreakaways there is a competition running to win 5 prizes in total. There's a first place, second place and 3 runners up prizes so your chance of winning 
couldn't be better. Here is a link to enter. http://www.ukbreakaways.com/competition

My favourite place in the UK is New quay West Wales. Its such a lovely place to visit and you should visit here if you have never been. In New Quay there is a lovely harbour and if you stay near where the sea is and get up nice and early or go down there for a evening walk you may be lucky enough to see some dolphins. When I went here for the first time I got to see dolphins but it didn't take a few days for them to be active and jumping up when I was there. Recently however when I stayed in a cottage in New Quay the dolphins were really active and most evenings I got to see them. Also I was able to see the sea from the bedroom window so some mornings I got to see them and was even seeing them active some days from the bedroom window around noon time. Seeing the dolphins is something I look forward to when going to this destination on holidays and it gets really exciting when they are really active in the mornings. Also in New Quay by the harbour there is a place that shows dolphins and seals that have been spotted in the last couple of days which is really useful. When I have been to new Quay I also did the coastal walk which was a circular walk and was 4 miles there and 4 miles back. The coastal walk is an excellent walk to spot seals and baby seal porpoises. I have done this coastal walk twice and once they were all on the rocks sleeping and then another time they were active in the sea. You are very likely to spot seals on this walk and it is a very nice walk to do. When you get to the end of this walk there is a place that sells tea, ice cream, cakes, welsh cakes and many other things. The welsh cakes and the ice cream or home made and they are lovely so it is worth visiting this place if you are ever happy to have a go of this coastal walk.

One of the good things about New Quay is it is a seaside type holiday so if you enjoy going to the beach then in New Quay there is so many beaches you can visit. 
When I visited to this destination for the first time I noticed that there seemed to be a lot of opportunities to do surfing and to be coached in surfing and I also saw a lot of people enjoying activities such has Kayaking which is an activity I have always wanted to have a go at. If you want to have a close look at the dolphins and seals they have regular boat trips to see the dolphins and seals. This is something that I wanted to do when I was there but because I was so busy visiting different places near where I was staying I never got the chance to go on a boat trip for the chance to see dolphins and seals closer so hopefully when I visit New Quay another time this will be something that I will have a chance to do before its time to come home.
With so much other things to do I didn't do surfing when I was there but if you have never done it or really in to the sport it would be worth checking when you could have lessons if you wanted to or checking information about hiring a surf board. I have had a go at surfing on two occasions. I keep on falling off the surf board but its lots of fun.
There is so much to do and so many places to go in New Quay and this is why New Quay is my favourite holiday destination.

No comments:

Post a Comment